ETO (Systems Engineering Officer)- RFA
|Salary/Wages||£43,000 to £52,000 per annum PAYE (offers based on experience / transferable skills. (Annual, PAYE)|
|Date Posted||22 March 2018|
|Closing Date||5 July 2018|
|Trading Area||World Wide|
|Tour Length||4 Months|
|Flag State||United Kingdom|
|Vessel Type||Naval/Armed Forces Support|
|Vessel||Naval Support vl.|
We are currently recruiting Systems Engineering Officers / Electro Technical Officers (ETO’s) for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA) who hold either an ETO CoC or HND/FD in electrical & electronic engineering with 2 years' minimum sea service in the role of ships electrician.
Tour to leave ratio: 4 months on with 12 weeks leave.
Salary: Sliding scale from £43,000 to £52,000 per annum PAYE (offers based on experience / transferable skills).
Pension: Civil Service Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution rate of 20%
- Port visits and operational stand-downs worldwide allow you to enjoy downtime in the places you visit
- Mandated and career training courses funded by the RFA
- Express career opportunities (role specific)
Due to Ministry of Defence (MOD) security regulations candidates must comply with one of the following;
- Born in the United Kingdom and hold a UK Passport and have resided continuously in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 5 years prior to application.
- Hold dual nationality and lived in the United Kingdom for at least 5 years (2nd country of origin must not have compulsory national/military service)
- A naturalised citizen of the United Kingdom and held a UK Passport for a minimum of 5 years.
- ETO CoC or HND/FD in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of two years sea going experience in the role of ships electrician
- Unrestricted ENG1 with 24 months' validity
- STCW 96 basic and STCW 2010 refresher training (AFF, FPFF, PST)
- EFA, PSSR
- United Kingdom Passport
- United Kingdom Discharge Book
All candidates must hold the following vaccinations, however these are not initially required at the time of applying and are obtained during the recruitment process.
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio
- Hepatitis A
- Meningitis C
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Tuberculosis (Mantoux test for candidates under age 35 without a BCG scar or documentary evidence).
Reference No: 211888