Berthing Master (Permanent)
|Job Type||Temp to Perm|
|Salary/Wages||£34,921.07 (Annual, Gross)|
|Date Posted||31 March 2018|
|Closing Date||20 April 2018|
|Tour Length||1 week on duty, providing a continuous, 24 presence, followed by one week off duty|
|Flag State||United Kingdom|
Qualified to; Officer of the Watch II/1 CoC; or MOD (Navy) qualifications and a current ENG !, ML5, or a current MCA medical certificate, with previous experience as:
- Chief Officer in 'short sea or home trade' vessels or port towage
- Officer of the Watch of a larger container, bulk or passenger vessel, or Pilotage
- Previous relevant MOD (Navy) or equivalent, relevant service.
Purpose of the job:
- Supervise the duty staff and assist the Duty Harbour Master with the effective daily operation of the Marine Department.
- Supervise the safe movement and berthing of all vessels within the port, reacting to and directing a prompt response to all marine incidents in accordance with the Ports and industry procedures and the Port Marine Safety Code.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Able Seamen on watch
- Responsible for the continuous, daily safe movement and berthing of all vessels within the port, berth preparation and marine structure maintenance, in accordance with the ports advertised policies and procedures required by the Port Marine Safety Code
- Responsible for the approval and qualification of all hazardous cargos shipped through the port in accordance with the Dangerous Substances in Harbour Areas regulations 1987 and , responds to all marine emergencies
- Together with the ports Technical Services, the Department manages the collection, consolidation and recycling of ship and port generates waste products and other port services.
Reference No: 267913