Engineering Officers (2nd Eng CoC or higher) - RFA
|Salary/Wages||£43,000 to £57,000 per annum PAYE (offers based on experience / transferable skills. (Annual, PAYE)|
|Date Posted||22 March 2018|
|Closing Date||11 April 2019|
|Trading Area||World wide|
|Tour Length||4 months|
|Flag State||United Kingdom|
|Vessel Type||Naval/Armed Forces Support|
|Vessel||Naval Support vl.|
We are currently recruiting Marine Engineering Officers for the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), who hold either a Second Engineer Unlimited (Motor) CoC or Chief Engineer Unlimited (Motor) CoC.
Tour to leave ratio: 4 months on with 12 weeks earned voyage leave.
Salary: Sliding scale from £43,000 to £57,000 per annum PAYE (offers based on experience / transferable skills).
Pension: Civil Service Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution rate of 20%
- Port visits and operational stand-downs worldwide allow you to enjoy downtime in the places you visit
- Mandated and career training courses funded by the RFA
- Express career opportunities (role specific)
Due to Ministry of Defence (MOD) security regulations candidates must comply with one of the following;
- Born in the United Kingdom and hold a UK Passport and have resided continuously in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 5 years prior to application.
- Hold dual nationality and lived in the United Kingdom for at least 5 years (2nd country of origin must not have compulsory national/military service)
- A naturalised citizen of the United Kingdom and held a UK Passport for a minimum of 5 years.
- 2nd Engineer Unlimited / Chief Engineer Unlimited (UK CoC)
- Unrestricted ENG1 with 24 months' validity
- STCW 95 basic and STCW 2010 refresher training (AFF, FPFF, PST, PSC&RB)
- EFA, PSSR
- High Voltage (Management)
- HELM (M)
- United Kingdom Passport
- United Kingdom Discharge Book
All candidates must hold the following vaccinations, however these are not initially required at the time of applying and are obtained during the recruitment process.
- Yellow Fever
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio
- Hepatitis A
- Meningitis C
- Measles, Mumps & Rubella
- Tuberculosis (Mantoux test for candidates under age 35 without a BCG scar or documentary evidence).
Reference No: 207887