Restaurant and Bar Manager (Cruise/Perm)
|Date Posted||24 September 2019|
|Closing Date||10 October 2019|
|Tour Length||4 x 2|
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Ship Based
We are seeking dynamic individuals responsible for the day to day running of the bar and restaurant outlets and help consistently raise and maintain the standards taking the food and beverage product to the next level. The person we seek must be energetic, engaging, flexible and able to think on their feet with excellent communication skills and want to make a difference, the position of Restaurant and Bar Manager will report directly to the Hotel Manager.
To be considered for this role, you would need:
- To ensure that all relevant procedures and guidelines are followed as per company procedures and SQM at all times;
- To ensure effective communication within his departments and keep Hotel Manager updated on the department matters on a daily basis;
- To attend the daily Restaurant and Bar departmental meetings and weekly Hotel meetings;
- To ensure Restaurant and Bar departments are operating within the company T&A guidelines;
- To ensure the company ‘Hygiene and Sanitation Manual’ and USPH standards are met;
- To monitor and control operating costs, within Restaurant and Bar department;
- Inventories and stock control;
- Vacation planning of Restaurant and Bar department;
- To be pro-active ensuring that operational inefficiencies are caught before occurring;
- To attend all parties organized by the company for the guests to meet and greet guests and receive feedback;
- To be visible in all guest areas and available to guests and crew;
- To deal personally with restaurant/bar related serious guest complaints/concerns;
- To visit Guest Relations Manager daily on your rounds to exchange Guest relation matters (positive and negative);
- To monitor and ensure training, development, delegation and evaluation of the Restaurant and Bar teams – ensure all managers and crew receive training accordingly, ensure tasks are delegated to managers and check on completion and evaluate performance of the Restaurant and Bar brigade.
In addition, we are looking for experienced professionals, who are strong leaders, committed to achieving results and motivate others, therefore, you must have at least 5 years in managerial role in 4/5-star hotel, resort or cruise ship environment.
- Pleasant and outgoing personality, fluent in English communication – spoken and written;
- Hotel / Management school / F&B Course;
- SPH or any similar PH qualification-certificate;
- Advanced F&B knowledge of all service procedures, knowledge of beverages - wines / beers / spirits / coffee;
- Advanced knowledge of USPH / SHIPSAN;
- Knowledge of process in operation of outlets under code red/yellow of USPH / SHIPSAN;
- Ability to deliver various trainings - service / wine / food / USPH / SHIPSAN.
In return you will be offered: a competitive salary paid twelve months of the year, a 4 : 2 work rotation of four months on board with two months paid leave, a single cabin with private facilities, flights to/from the vessel arranged and paid for by the company, an exciting opportunity to work on board our cruise ships, travelling to worldwide destinations.
Reference No: 868090